2.06.2009

Week 2

So I've completed week two of my self challenge...and my first complete week in ITALY!!! It was a little rough coming in...I think most of it was the time change, but the lack of sleep made me completely, irrationally overemotional, and being thrown into a house with 40 unknown people didn't help much. Now, things are much better. I've made new friends and the town is just beautiful. Living in the house is like having 38 brothers and sisters who all love each other...for now....and getting some time alone is quite the treat. I can't wait until it warms up and I can spend some of my afternoons outside reading in the hammocks of our olive plantation. I have gotten up early this week to spend some time with God before the villa gets hectic, but I haven't made it habit yet...that's something that I'm hoping to change. I think that as sleep habits settle in a little more that will be a little easier. It's really hard to get to sleep when no one gets tired until after two. I think that as long as it's not raining in the mornings, I will try to make the terrace connected to my bedroom my alone place so that I'm not as distracted by people in the common rooms.

On a side note...Jason Illian and I are now friends on facebook...haha. If you read my last post, you will appreciate this.

I am taking each day one step at a time, and I am really blessed to be here.
Timeline:
10 days till we go skiing in the Alps.
Less than a month till free travel...maybe to Spain??? I haven't decided.

Hebrews 11:4...I want a faith like that! A faith that speaks even after I am gone.

2 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Wow
What a gift and what an experience this is becoming. Keep us posted
Linda

Courtney said...

i think its said somewhere
"a habit created in Italy is a habit forever"
or maybe i just made that up....but i hope your alone time becomes a wonderful habit!!