3.18.2008

Meaningless...

Do you ever feel like the things in your life are meaningless? Will the classes we're taking or the activities we're involved in really even matter in the long run? Is my art test really that important? Are the papers I write really that important? Are the various aquaintances I am making really that important? What is it that is truly important in life? The true, loving, selfless relationships we make in life are important. It is those people that will go with us through this crazy thing called life. But what else? At this point in my life I have no idea where I'm going to be in five years. Nothing in my life is steady. I have only one thing to hold on to...Hope. Hope that someday, preferrable in the near future, everything will be made clear. Hope, and my best friend, who I know will come with me through anything. Thank you for that. You are my one tangible support. Without you I would have nothing to hold onto, and I would be floating into the abyss. Sometimes I still feel like I am floating into the abyss though. Like we are floating there together...off the face of this planet, and farther and farther into the nothingness. I feel like I am out in the atmosphere and all kinds of things are rushing past me...stars, comets, meteors...but I am lost, with no place to go, no direction in my life. Give me guidance, give me hope, give me stability, because all of this meaninglessness is wearing down my soul.

No comments: